Saturday, March 31, 2012

Joy! (The Baker)


why does Luke look like he's doing a martial arts move?

Joy the Baker recently visited Seattle on a book tour, and I went to hear her speak and have my copy of her cookbook signed. I'll definitely write about her cookbook when I have a chance to review it, but for now- here's a picture of Luke and I at Luke's first book signing. 


Joy was sweet and lovely and cool and awkward, which is exactly how I'd describe her blog. She spoke for about 30 minutes about baking, blogging and her cat to an audience of around 100 women (and maybe 3 men?). Several local Seattle bloggers, including Ashley of Not Without Salt (I love her "dates with my husband series"- so romantic!) were there and baked goodies out of Joy's cookbook. 


The signing was held at Book Larder- a new cookbook store in Fremont. It's a gorgeous store and I'm looking forward to going back and perusing their book selection. They had a beautiful demonstration kitchen there, so I'll have to check out their class schedule, too!


This was a great food adventure- I'm hoping to go to a few more cookbook tours this year. (Pioneer Woman is coming next month, and I can only hope that Deb of Smitten Kitchen will be visiting Seattle, too!)



No comments:

Post a Comment