Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday Fail.

We did eat today. But.

Breakfast was smoothies, lunch was leftovers, second lunch was more leftovers, and dinner?

Dinner was a total fail. I attempted a bean, pumpkin, ginger and coconut cream concoction but it was seriously inedible. The beans had an awful flavor (white cowpeas?) and the coconut cream couldn't disguise their bitterness. I'm feeling a little down about it- the last time I totally failed at cooking something was when I attempted tofu. I made some quick miso* soup with carrots and some wakame seaweed (Undaria pinnatifida) and defrosted a bag of my favorite bread dough. So, yep. That was dinner. Massive fail.

I think I might throw away the beans. We'll see if the dogs can stomach my failed bean stew.

I'll rally tomorrow.

-------------
*I was beyond excited to find miso at a "Healthy U" store in Nairobi. I love cooking with miso- there's so much you can do with it, and it's super healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment